Four Steps to Making Things Easy!
A year ago, I stepped into a new job and I have found myself easily sucked into this kind of thinking. Most everything I do now is something new. I love learning and the magnitude of the things I am learning is amazing and at times. . . ok, I’ll say it. . . even a little overwhelming.
Thinking things like “it’s going to be hard” or “it’s overwhelming” have come up for me more often than normal. These kind of thoughts can easily stop me in my tracks. However, I have a new tool. I now notice these thoughts as soon as they appear and stamp them out.
Here’s my favorite quote by Henry Ford. . .
“If you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right!”
Every thought that you allow into your mind, and focus on, expands and becomes a belief (if only for that moment). We have all heard of the little engine that could. . ” I think I can! I think I can! I think I can!” and sure enough, he did.
The next time a limiting belief pops into your head, practice these four steps. The more you use them the faster you will get at it:
1. IDENTIFY the thought.
2. CREATE the opposing empowering belief.
3. FOCUS on the new statement until you FEEL it.
4. GO take on the task.
How does it work? Let’s take a look at it:
1. IDENTIFY the thought – “this is going to be hard”
2. CREATE the opposing empowering belief – “this is going to be fun & easy”
3. FOCUS on the new statement until you FEEL it – I usually get a smile on my face and then I know I am ready to move forward.
4. GO take on the task – now I am ready for a fun and easy adventure!
Now, pay attention to what you’re thinking. Use the four steps to turn those limiting beliefs positive. Soon it will be second nature, and really EASY!
I can promise results if you practice the method. EXPECT things to be FUN AND EASY!
See what you will create! And come back and share it with us.
Visit us on FaceBook for more resources!